|Version 1.03 - TOC 7.3 release||19.37 KB||Sep 4, 2017||7.3.0||321||Download|
|BetterDifficulty v1.051 release||19.37 KB||Mar 30, 2017||7.2.0||155||Download|
|Better Difficulty 1.05 release||19.37 KB||Dec 18, 2016||7.1.0||114||Download|
|Better Difficulty 1.04 release||19.36 KB||Dec 14, 2016||7.1.0 +1||62||Download|
|BetterDifficulty-v1.03.zip release||18.88 KB||Dec 10, 2016||7.1.0 +1||46||Download|
|BetterDifficulty-v1.02.zip release||18.87 KB||Dec 10, 2016||7.1.0 +1||19||Download|
|BetterDifficulty-v1.01.zip release||18.96 KB||Dec 10, 2016||7.1.0 +1||29||Download|
|BetterDifficulty-v1.0.zip release||18.91 KB||Dec 9, 2016||7.1.0 +1||35||Download|
NOTE: This addon requires a Data Broker like Bazooka to display and manage difficulty settings. If you just want a silent fix for suddenly changing settings, grab Better Difficulty Lite instead.
This is a modification of Dungeon Difficulty authored by Tarkumi. It adds functionality to automatically correct the difficulty setting quirks of several legacy instances. There are two potential sources of trouble.
- An instance may arbitrarily override player difficulty settings. In some cases, you can see this before entering the instance because the 'heroic skull' is missing even though you have heroic raid difficulty selected.
- An instance doesn't have a difficulty setting to match the one currently selected. When this happens, the instance may behave normally but on exit your settings will have been silently changed to match the instance. If you're not paying attention, you may well find yourself running the next instance with the wrong settings.
Better Difficulty addresses both of these conditions, restoring your difficulty settings on exit from an instance and correcting them when the instance screws them up.
A few known cases:
- Icecrown Citadel – Sometimes sets difficulty to normal regardless of player settings.
- Throne of the Four Winds – Same as ICC.
- Firelands – Same as ICC.
- Many 10-man legacy instances will leave group size at 10-man when you exit the instance regardless of your original setting.
Add a comment