|blindwarcraft-standalone release||31.06 KB||May 6, 2016||6.2.4||339||Download|
This is a student project AddOn intended to make World of Warcraft blind accessible.
Please read this
The only files that are available on Curse are the files that are related to the WoW AddOn.
That does NOT include the NVDA plugin or the JocysCom binaries.
In order to download ALL of those files, AddOn included, you must download it directly from the repository at https://bitbucket.org/stefika/fall-2015-blind-warcraft/downloads
It features integration with NVDA screen reader as well as some support for interfaces in the game.
What this addon can do:
- Inventory management – information, binding to action bar
- Spell Book interface – allows for binding spells to your action bar
- Movement – movement system to route directly to quests (not really useful in most situations)
- Quest Log interface – allows for cycling through and selecting active quests
- Combat – rudimentary combat feedback and targeting.
What this addon cannot do:
- Everything else in the game
Please also note that while our source code is licensed under BSD, the JocysCom required is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
1. Unzip blind-warcraft-releaseV01.zip
2. Place the BlindWarcraft folder in your addons directory as you would any other wow addon.
3. Place the blindwow.py file in your NVDA global plugins directory. This should be stored in Users/AppData/Roaming/nvda
4. Go to www.jocys.com/Software and download the Text to Speech Monitor.
5. Install that like any other wow addon.
6. Replace the original JocysCom executable with the modified one included in the BlindWarcraft release
Using Blind Warcraft
Restart NVDA to make sure the plugin is loaded
Run the executable from the JocysCom directory, and start playing!