|Journeyman-0.6.0.zip beta||656.61 KB||Nov 24, 2021||1.14.1||0||Download|
|Journeyman-0.5.0.zip beta||655.21 KB||Nov 18, 2021||1.14.1||246||Download|
|Journeyman-0.4.0.zip beta||655.22 KB||Nov 17, 2021||1.14.1||103||Download|
|Journeyman-0.3.0.zip beta||655.21 KB||Nov 17, 2021||1.14.1||177||Download|
|Journeyman-0.2.0.zip beta||655.17 KB||Nov 16, 2021||1.14.1||161||Download|
|Journeyman-0.1.0.zip beta||673.91 KB||Nov 16, 2021||1.14.1||38||Download|
Journeyman serves as a foundation for writing leveling guides, attunement guides, or any other traveling route that could be needed. I call them “journeys”. It propose a new way of presenting, interacting and writing step by step guides. Give it a try and let me know if you like it!
The addon is currently in beta stage, meaning that it is not considered finished yet. There are most likely bugs and other annoying things that needs to be discovered and fixed!
Also please note that this addon does not include any journeys. The intention is that journeys will be made by the community. In fact, if any leveling guide authors would like to embed their guides into my addon, please contact me!
- Automatic step completion: steps are automatically completed when you do them. Step types currently includes: Accept Quest, Complete Quest, Turn-in Quest, Reach Level, Bind Hearthstone, Use Hearthstone, Learn Flight Path and Fly To.
- Integrated editor: you can create journeys in-game, using the integrated editor. Each journey have a list of chapters, and each chapter a list of steps. Each step has a type and data associated. There is no need to write any lengthy text, all steps are a simple combination of its type and its data id.
- Record journeys while playing: creating journeys couldn’t be made easier! Simply turn on the “Update Active Journey” option and the addon will automatically append any step you do in the game to your active journey!
- Share journeys in-game: Journeys can be imported and exported as compressed data, encoded as text that you can copy paste anywhere (just like WeakAuras)
- Fully customizable UI: you don’t like having a background? you prefer a different text size? you want to see more steps ahead? I got you covered!
- Clickable steps: You can use CTRL+Click on any step to set the TomTom crazy arrow at any time.
- Clickable item links in steps: If a step includes an item link, you will be able to click it to show the item tooltip window.
- Automatic set waypoint arrow: If you have TomTom and this option is enabled, upon step completion the TomTom crazy arrow will point you to the next step without having you to CTRL+Click the step.
- Automatic targeting macro: The addon will automatically generate a targeting macro that targets the NPCs required for the current step objectives. Very useful to quickly find mobs you have to kill when you search for them.
Planned For Development
The following improvements or features are currently under development, in no particular order
- Link quests or items to the chat window: allow you to Shift+Click quests or items to paste them in the chat window.
- Link journeys to the chat window: allow you to paste your journeys as clickable links in the chat window to share them easier
- Share journeys with party members: allow you to share journeys with party members without having to copy paste encoded journey text.
- Better journey editor: currently the journey editor is a bit rough, and my plan is to make it much easier to edit and move things around, such as copy pasting several steps at once, moving several steps at once, etc.
The following addons are required
- Questie: it is currently being used as the main data source for quest and npcs. There is a possibility to add other data sources in the future, but not planned yet.
The following addons are optional
- TomTom: adds support for waypoint arrow. Highly recommended!
I started some localization work, but it is far from complete. Currently includes English and French. If you want to contribute, please let me know!
Q: How do I record my gameplay into a journey?
A: Create a new journey if you haven’t, then go in Advanced options panel, and enable Update Active Journey. This will append supported actions to your current active journey. If you change your active journey, the option Update Active Journey will automatically be disabled to avoid adding steps to other journeys without you knowing.
Q: Where do I find area ID and taxi node ID to use in hearthstone and flight path related steps?
A: I will eventually provide an in-game way to retrieve these, but for now you have two option:
- while recording a journey, added steps will contain the proper area ID or taxi node ID
- you can browse the area table or taxi node table within the localization files. The IDs do not change with localization, only the language name.
This addon was made by Robert Goulet (Erunehtar)