|KBA V1.16 release||2.81 MB||Sep 11, 2016||7.0.3||27,032||Download|
|KBA V1.15 release||2.81 MB||Sep 10, 2016||7.0.3||644||Download|
|KBA V1.14 release||2.81 MB||Sep 7, 2016||7.0.3||1,085||Download|
|KBA V1.13 release||2.81 MB||Sep 6, 2016||7.0.3||541||Download|
|KBA V1.12 release||2.81 MB||Sep 2, 2016||7.0.3||1,180||Download|
|KBA V1.11 release||2.80 MB||Aug 30, 2016||7.0.3||1,087||Download|
|KBA V1.10 release||2.80 MB||Jan 26, 2016||6.2.3||5,645||Download|
|KBA v1.09 release||2.79 MB||Nov 30, 2014||6.0.3||7,801||Download|
|KBA v1.08 release||2.79 MB||Nov 19, 2014||6.0.3||945||Download|
|KBA v1.07 release||2.79 MB||Nov 15, 2014||6.0.3||555||Download|
|KBA v1.06 release||2.05 MB||Nov 6, 2014||6.0.3||645||Download|
|KBA v1.05 release||170.87 KB||Nov 1, 2014||6.0.3||513||Download|
|KBA v1.04 release||194.28 KB||Jul 27, 2014||5.4.8||2,859||Download|
|KBA v1.03 release||194.24 KB||Jul 25, 2014||5.4.8||365||Download|
|KBA v1.02 release||194.19 KB||Feb 10, 2014||5.4.2||3,569||Download|
|KBA v1.01 beta||194.19 KB||Feb 8, 2014||5.4.2||181||Download|
|KBA v1.00 beta||193.44 KB||Nov 29, 2013||5.4.1||724||Download|
What is this addon about?
This is an addon made for those who simply want to see when they've gotten a killing blow on another player. The addon includes a killing blow tracker, custom chat messages that can be send to the chat once you get a kill and an announcer that will display either a message or an image in the middle of your screen (or in a custom position) when you get a killing blow. This addon is also capable of playing sounds on each killing blow. The addon includes an option to switch between PVP only killing blow announcements (so player related) or for any killing blow.
All features are customizable and optional and can be easily configured using the options menu. Type in /kba ingame to open the options menu or use the minimap icon.
The description below also includes guides on how to add your own custom sounds/images so you can use them within addon.
What can this addon do?
- It's capable of announcing killing blows in a few different ways for PVP only or for all your killing blows.
- It's capable of sending a simple customizable message to certain chat channels (like to your guild or in /say) when you get a killing blow.
- It's capable of sending an advanced customizable message to certain chat channels that can display who you've killed, what class they were and in which zone you killed them (and a bunch of other different variables).
- It contains a killing blow tracker which tracks killing blows within the current zone and playtime session and displays it inside a little customizable window.
- It's capable of announcing a killing blow using a highly customizable text message or customizable image in the middle of the screen. Both image and message include options for fade in/out and show duration. The text message include options like font and color while the image has options like adjusting width and height and can be a custom image placed in your addons folder or one of the default ones (see guide below). Both the message and the image have an option to enable dragging which means that they can be moved to custom positions instead of being in the middle of the screen.
- It's capable of playing a random emote picked from a list of emotes (from which emotes the addon should pick can be configurated within the options menu).
- And lastly, it's capable of playing a soundfile when getting a killing blow which can be a custom soundfile placed in your addons folder or one of the default ones (see guide below). Within the options you can pick from two modes: Random mode or Ordered mode. Random mode will play random soundfiles from a list of pickable soundfiles, while ordered mode will play sounds in a definable order list with options to reset it back to the beginning (order mode for example can be setup similiar to how games like Quake announces kills).
What are some planned features?
- Scrolling text message variant instead of a centered killing blow message.
- Separate custom sounds and images into their own addon so that they won't be overwritten when a new update comes along.
- Ability to choose multiple chat messages, killing blow announcer messages/images and let killing blow announcer randomly display one of the picked options(for example the message sent to the chat could be picked randomly from a list of five).
- If you got a suggestion for a feature, be sure to post a comment about it and I'll if see it's possible to include it in the addon.
How can I add custom soundfiles?
- Make sure that the sound file is either a mp3 file or ogg file. This is important because WoW doesn't support any other soundfiles.
- Add the file to the Sounds map. Found at Interface\AddOns\Killing Blow Announcer\Sounds
- Open core.lua in a text editor
- Add the following line to this lua file with your own soundname and the path to the sound file:
Media:Register("sound", "HOW YOU WANT THE SOUND FILE TO BE NAMED", [[Interface\AddOns\Killing Blow Announcer\Sounds\FILENAME.mp3]]);
- Save changes to the Killing Blow Announcer file and restart WoW in case it was already open.
- You should now be able to pick the sound file as an option in the options menu.
How can I add custom images?
- Make sure that the image file is either a BLP image or TGA image. This is important because WoW doesn't support any other image types.
- Make sure that the image contains a power of two dimension. Basically this means that both the width and height of an image needs to be one of the following dimensions "8", "16", "32", "64", "128", "256", "512", "1024", "2048". http://wowpedia.org/API_Texture_SetTexture
- Add the file to the Images map. Found at Interface\AddOns\Killing Blow Announcer\Images
- Open core.lua in a text editor
- Add the following line exactly as the example below with FILENAME being the image name:
Media:Register("images", "Interface\\AddOns\\Killing Blow Announcer\\Images\\FILENAME", [[Interface\AddOns\Killing Blow Announcer\Images\FILENAME.tga]]);
- Save changes to the Killing Blow Announcer file and Restart WoW in case it was already open.
If for any reason you've been unsuccessful in adding your own sounds or images make sure to take a look at the examples and see if you've missed anything. If your still unable to get it to work, feel free to PM me or leave a comment down below.