|NoxSoundDestroyer-1.1.3 release||65.29 KB||Oct 7, 2016||7.0.3||207||Download|
|NoxSoundDestroyerZ90-1.1.1 release||62.93 KB||Sep 13, 2016||7.0.3||77||Download|
|NoxSoundDestroyerZ90-1.1 release||45.98 KB||Sep 11, 2016||7.0.3||73||Download|
|NoxSoundDestroyerZ90-1.0 release||32.01 KB||Sep 11, 2016||7.0.3||64||Download|
Nox's Sound Destroyer
Latest: 1.1.3 (September 21, 2016) (This version has been uploaded, check back in a few hours.)
A new "item" has made its way into the game! Nox's Sound Destroyer Z90 eliminates some of the most annoying in game World of Warcraft sounds indefinitely.
Currently, the mod eliminates the following sounds:
- All harpy creature sounds. (This includes both the old sounds used up to and including Warlords of Draenor (support for these sounds are in v1.1, as well as the new sounds used in Legion.)
- All motorcycle mount sounds.
- All of Gnimo's interaction sounds. (Mechanical mount on Alliance mammoth)
(For a list of all muted sounds, check out the "Sounds" page under the "Pages" tab.)
The developer is accepting any suggestions for sounds to add to the elimination list. If enough users want a sound eliminated, I will push an update that eliminates the unwanted sound. In addition to this, I, the developer, am totally open to "fun" versions for this mod. If you have any suggestions leave them below.
If you discover a bug, please, post that below or send me a private message.
- Q – How does this differ from CTRL + S or just turning my Sound down in game?
- A – CTRL + S and turning your sound down in game will mute all sounds. The point of this mod is to target specific sounds and mute those without affecting others.
- Q – What is the 'root' directory of World of Warcraft?
- A – The root directory is the main location for all of your WoW files and folders. You should see the Cache folder, Data folder, etc. in this location.
Note: Be sure to have the game completely closed before attempting this process. (The Battle.net launcher is fine to remain open.)
Note: If you are updating the mod, please refer to the "Uninstallation Instructions" below, and then follow the "Installation Instructions" again.
- Click the "Download" button in the top right corner of the site on this page.
- Move the ZIP archive that you downloaded (conveniently named "NoxSoundDestroyer-<version>.zip") to the root directory of your World of Warcraft installation.
- Using a tool like 7zip or WinRAR, extract the ZIP archive by right-clicking and selecting the Extract option under your installed tool from the context menu.
- You should now see a "Sound" directory among the aforementioned directories in your World of Warcraft root directory. If so, great work!
- The last thing that you must do is delete the "Cache" directory to ensure that the mod will function as intended.
Note: You should NOT have World of Warcraft open when completing the following steps.
- Navigate to the root directory of your World of Warcraft installation.
- Right click on the "Sound" folder and select the Delete option.
- Right click on the "Cache" folder and select the Delete option.