|ExecutiveAssistant_OccupiedIntern_v1.5 release||18.49 KB||Jul 19, 2018||8.0.1||173||Download|
|ExecutiveAssistant_OccupiedIntern_v1.4 release||18.48 KB||May 1, 2018||7.3.5||81||Download|
|ExecutiveAssistant_OccupiedIntern_v1.1 release||152.42 KB||Mar 9, 2017||7.1.5 +1||123||Download|
|ExecutiveAssistant_OccupiedIntern_v1.0 release||152.25 KB||Jul 19, 2016||7.0.3||215||Download|
|ExecutiveAssistant_OccupiedIntern_v0.98 release||151.66 KB||Jul 2, 2016||6.2.4||135||Download|
An Extension Module (Intern) for Executive Assistant (0.9.9m or Later) [Download]
An Executive Assistant helps you efficiently navigate a busy schedule, answers questions, and keeps information in easy reach. But no Executive Assistant can do it alone. Executive Assistant Interns, the addons, extend the 'user configurable to-do list' concept a bit further still.
The Executive Assistant Intern Series offers modules to add features or automate some small functions that just might make your day a bit easier. These Interns are not in any way replacements for full-featured addons, rather they do little things that full-featured might do if they plugged in LibExecAssist.
An Occupied Intern is a Happy Intern…
This Intern Module features two New Task Types with a Reset Countdown activated when the Task has been Completed.
- Auto-Reset Countdown begins when the Task is Completed
- Each Task has its own, independent '<units> Till Reset' (90min, 12hrs, 20hrs, etc)
- '<units> Till Reset' range: 1 respective unit to 31 days
- Optionally provide text alerts when Set, Reset, and Canceled
- Task Type can be freely changed as with the native Task Types
New Task Types
- Is Busy for Days: Automatic Reset in User-Selected, Per-Task number of Days
- Is Busy for Hours: Automatic Reset in User-Selected, Per-Task number of Hours
- Is Busy for Minutes: Automatic Reset in User-Selected, Per-Task number of Minutes
- Create a Task
- Select a Task Type of Is Busy for Days and enter the Days Till Reset
- Select a Task Type of Is Busy for Hours and enter the Hours Till Reset
- Select a Task Type of Is Busy for Minutes and enter the Minutes Till Reset
- Mark the Task Complete
- Optional: type /oi tasks to see the running timers while you wait
Is It Really That Easy?
YES, it's fully plug-and-play.
Setting the '<units> Till Reset' is Easy.
When viewed in the Configuration, the Task will show how long it will be Busy.
Type '/oi timers' to see a list of running timers and when they will Reset their Task.
Help and Information
Additional help is provided in the Executive Assistant Help and Information panel should you need to reference it in-game.
A Few Useful Tidbits
Which Intern Modules are Running
The simplest way to see which Intern Modules are running is to look at the Help and Information. While Intern Modules will use different connective features within Executive Assistant, all will inject a Help Panel for themselves.
Additionally, each Task associated with an Intern Module will show which Intern Module it's associated to and whether or not that Intern Module is loaded.
Intern Modules are Disabled?
When Intern Module Associated Tasks do not detect their Intern Module loaded, they try to protect themselves by locking the Task Type. This is so that they are in a stable-state when the Intern Module is re-Enabled (in case it needed to be disabled due to a bug/game-change or the Intern Module simply not used on that character).
The Task may be deleted if you have discontinued using the associated Intern Module.
What follows is some technical jiggery-pokery for folks who sit up nights contemplating addon jiggery-pokery.
Intern Module Disable: Intern Modules store Task related information in the Task itself and this information persists, even if the Task is re-purposed to another Task Type. This will not harm the Task and only significantly bloat the saved variables file if you are using a simply staggering number (read: many, many thousands) of these re-purposed Task Types.