|8.0.1_release_v0.2.1 release||310.01 KB||Jul 27, 2018||8.0.1||1,325||Download|
|8.0.1_release_v0.2 release||309.88 KB||Jul 24, 2018||8.0.1||143||Download|
|7.3.5_release_v0.1.2.2 release||309.96 KB||Feb 17, 2018||7.3.5||358||Download|
|7.3.5_release_v0.1.2 release||310.48 KB||Feb 8, 2018||7.3.5||70||Download|
|7.3.5_release_v0.1 release||310.28 KB||Feb 7, 2018||7.3.5||32||Download|
This addons has been updated for Legion release ( The author didn't update it since 2016)
/!\ We're still having issues with Feast announcement. /!\
I don't own any credits on this addon, I just updated it since it's a great tools wich has been discontinued unfortunatelly.
Any support / feedback are welcomed, You can contact me in-game ( Suura-Suramar EU or on discord Suura#5376 )
Actually the code is available on https://github.com/Lumiahna/RaidBuffStatus_Continued
Reports on a configurable dashboard or to group chat on consumables, buffs, AFK, mana and many many others but in an intelligent automagic way. RBS is the last nail in the coffin of all slacking level max-level raiders. RBS also provides unique tank taunting warnings not provided by any other addon.
RaidBuffStatus is for 5 man instances and raids of all sizes.
RaidBuffStatus was originally written by danielbarron and is dedicated to his daughter, Jaina. The addon is currently maintained by oscarucb.
"'''RaidBuffStatus is the last nail in the coffin of slacking raiders.'''" – Stormsnow, a Raid Leader
'''RaidBuffStatus''' is an addon to check, show and report on the complete buff status (including flasks etc) of a party or raid. It can report via whispers and to raid chat. In addition it provides a talent spec window which also shows any special abilities.
However it is quite unlike BigBrother and most other buff checking addons. '''It was the first released (8th March 2008) addon to intelligently, in an automagic way, know what buffs to check for.''' For example only if there is a Mage will it check for intellect buff and it does not check the buffs of those not in the same zone. As much as possible is automatic.
Addons like XRS require lots of initial configuration. '''RBS works with no configuration out of the box.''' However RBS now features a '''Buff Wizard''' to help new user non-raid leaders to configure only the buffs they need to be displayed.
RBS can do the buffing for you such as your self and party buffs with a quick right-click.
RBS supports addons like Titan using LibDataBroker.
Top 5 addons of 2009:
Quick informational video about RaidBuffStatus made by a user:
Short video about some of the RaidBuffStatus options made by a user:
RBS being used in a ToC raid. You can see it top left. The player has configured it to stay visible in combat but to only show a few things. When he enters combat you can see it neatly resize:
Videos created by the RBS author
The talent specialisation window:
The buff options window:
The addon configuration options:
The Buff Wizard feature:
The Unique Selling Points of RaidBuffStatus are
- Automagically knows what buffs to check for according to the party or raid members CLASSES and TALENTS and ROLES.
- Works out of the box with no configuration needed and is very simple to use.
- Covers all buffs including consumables.
- Trash and Boss checking. Boss checking assumes flasks/elixirs needed but this is configurable.
- Has 2 levels of warning: Missing Buff and just Warning.
- Can report results to group chat, and has a dashboard for quick status info – for example finding out who has the soul stone.
- Reports on talent specialisations.
- '''Provides unique tank taunt warnings.'''
- '''Provides unique Crowd Control break warnings.'''
- '''Provides unique death warnings.'''
- Actively maintained.
It is designed for max level raiding and partying, anything below that is not guaranteed to work.
Current checking abilities
- Raid and party buffs
All major raid buffs( Todo for BFA)
- Players missing Paladin blessings and which ones and which Paladin is slacking giving out their blessings ( Issues may occurs)
Drums of Forgotten Kings Runescroll of Fortitude
- Single buffs
Earth Shield on tanks
- Paladin Beacon of Light / Faith
- Self buffs
- Food buff
- Flask or Battle and Guardian elixir
Protection Paladin Righteous Fury Hunter Aspect
- Priest Shadowform
Shaman Water/Lightning Shield Rogue Poison
- Mage Armor
- Death Knight Bone Shield
- Death Knight Presence
- Warrior Stance
- Warning situations
- Dead (Right click to auto-rez)
- In different zone (Right-click to target for summon)
- Hunter Aspect of the Pack or Cheetah
- Well Fed but slacking
- Chars with less than 80% mana
- Chars with less than 80% health
- Low durability (when raiders have oRA installed)
- UI features
- Ctrl-click a self buff and the addon whispers those who need it.
- Ctrl-click a group buff and the addon whispers the person who casts it and tells them who needs it.
- Alt-click on a buff will cast the spell to renew that buff
- The whispering of buff casters is intelligent and it will only whisper those who are nearby.
- Start ready-check button, Start boss pull timer button
- It tells you how long someone was AFK, Offline, PVP or dead.
- It can hide selected dashboard items on entering combat to reduce the size and only show what matters in combat.
- It can hide the dashboard entirely when in combat.
- Group buffs show in the tooltip who the buffers are.
- Role information and main tank lists are parsed to be able to know who is a tank. A button, disabled by default, shows whom RBS thinks is a tank based on tank list, spec and roles.
- You can change the colour and alpha of the window.
- Tank taunt warnings
- Warns you when one of your taunts fails (this is what all taunt addons do)
- Warns you self when other people's taunts to your target fail (again most taunt addons do this)
- Warns you when someone else taunts your target
- Warns you when someone else taunts your target which is targeting you
- Warns you when someone else who is not a tank taunts your target
- Warns you when someone else targets a mob and taunts that mob which is targeting you
- Option to only apply to bosses
- Crowd Control break warnings
- Warns when a tank breaks CC
- Warns when a non-tank breaks CC
- Death warnings – plays a unique sound for each event:
- Warns when tank dies
- Warns when melee DPS dies
- Warns when ranged DPS dies
- Warns when healer dies
- Food Raid Warning Announce
- Feast/Banquet, with bonus stat info ( Doesn't detect Legion's ones)
- Noodle Carts
- Refreshment Table
- Soul Well
- Repair Bot ( added the legion's one)
- Mage Portals
This feature warns you about people taunting your target. It has different warnings according to who taunts; taunts, ninja taunts (someone taunting your target you are tanking), your taunt fails, other people's taunt fails and when a non-tank taunts your target. Ninja taunts are when the mob is targeting you which, in theory, means you are tanking it. It might be changed to take into account threat but so far it seems reliable without that.
The most interesting feature is that it can even tell you about mobs being taunted off you which you are not even targeting.
How to use it
When you join a party or raid the dashboard main window will open. (Alternatively click on the mini-map icon to toggle the dashboard open and closed). It will automatically know what to check for. If you want to disable a check then click the icon representing that spell. Click again to re-enable.
To report to raid or party click '''Trash''' or '''Boss'''. You need to be in a party or in a raid and be the leader or assistant to do this. By default, Trash assumes all buffs except consumables and Boss assumes all buffs. To report only on one buff, Shift-Click on the icon for that buff. To send a whisper to someone missing a buff, Control-Click on the icon for that buff.
It is as simple as that.
To initiate a ready check click '''R''' button.
To view the spec information on people in the raid click the top left menu button. This window can be sorted by any of the columns by clicking on the buttons above the column itself. The spec is gathered as soon as a person is within inspection range and cached for the duration of the raid. Considering you will have to gather up at the start or outside before you begin it is highly likely to have all the info when you need it.
In the top right there is a menu button which opens an options window. In that window you can do things like configure which buffs to check and when and so on.
Raiders in groups 6, 7 and 8 are ignored for buff checking as these groups are often used for substitutes. This is configurable.
RBS tries to automatically spot who the tanks are. It does this in two steps. First it looks at the tank list. (Every raid uses a tank list right?) It can use many tank list systems in common use including anything compatible with the Blizzard tank list, oRA, ctra, or xperl. Then it looks at the talents and class of the players on the list to check they could tank.
Passive auras vs static buffs: Why does it prompt players to buff X when I already have aura Y?
By default RBS prompts players to apply static buffs (eg Power Word: Fortitude) when they are available in the raid, even if you already have an equivalent aura (eg Blood Pact). The reason is that despite the equivalent stats, static buffs provide superior reliability in combat – specifically, static buffs like Power Word: Fortitude won't be lost from your character if the warlock providing Blood Pact dies, disconnects or goes out of range during the fight. If you really don't care about this issue and prefer to let your buffers be lazier, you can disable the "Prefer static buffs" option in the addon configuration.