|r9-release release||184.95 KB||Dec 12, 2020||9.0.1||0||Download|
|r8-release release||182.88 KB||Oct 20, 2020||9.0.1||1,696||Download|
|r7-release release||180.90 KB||Jul 23, 2018||8.0.1||4,760||Download|
|r6-release release||180.87 KB||Jul 22, 2018||8.0.1||174||Download|
|r3 release||201.57 KB||Sep 29, 2017||7.3.0||1,182||Download|
|r4-beta-2 beta||180.94 KB||Jul 20, 2018||7.3.5||33||Download|
|r4-beta beta||200.92 KB||Jul 18, 2018||7.3.5||40||Download|
|r3-beta beta||203.92 KB||Sep 29, 2017||7.3.0||74||Download|
|r2-beta-3 beta||203.30 KB||Sep 10, 2017||7.3.0||130||Download|
|r2-beta-2 beta||203.27 KB||Sep 6, 2017||7.2.5||114||Download|
|r1-alpha alpha||195.02 KB||May 26, 2017||7.2.0||34||Download|
|r0-alpha-7 alpha||192.59 KB||May 23, 2017||7.2.0||17||Download|
|r0-alpha-6 alpha||192.63 KB||May 23, 2017||7.2.0||12||Download|
|r0-alpha2 alpha||188.02 KB||May 22, 2017||7.2.0||19||Download|
Wisent provides an easily configurable replacement for the default buff (and debuff) frames.
It displays buffs, debuffs, spell procs, and class-specific resources, allowing you to align, order, scale, and reposition them in groups.
While there are more extensive buff tracking addons out there, this one is intended to be a simpler alternative, striving to stay close to Blizzard's original design while still providing more customizability and a functional configuration interface.
All of the main features can be disabled/toggled via slash commands and the graphical interface, allowing you to change the way in which groups and icons are displayed.
The following icon groups are implemented:
- Procs: Technically, they're also buffs, but more flashy and generally important
- Combo Points: Also supports other resources/buffs that can be used in a similar way
All buff buttons can be styled on a per-group basis using the Masque addon library.
Now supports Monk and Demon Hunters. Updated for Legion with the following spells:
- Paladin: Infusion of Light, Divine Purpose, Righteous Verdict, The Fires of Justice
- Rogue: Opportunity
- Shaman: Lava Surge, Elemental Focus, Queen Ascendant, Stormbringer, Stormlash, Hot Hand
- Druid: Omen of Clarity/Moment of Clarity/Clearcasting, Gory Fur, Galactic Guardian, Gore
- Hunter: None, for now 😐
- Mage: Heating Up/Hot Streak, Enhanced Pyrotechnics, Pyretic Incantation, Warmth of the Phoenix, Brain Freeze, Fingers of Frost
- Death Knight: Unholy Strength, Dark Succor, Crimson Scourge, Rime, Killing Machine
- Monk: Elusive Brawler, Hit Combo, Blackout Kick!
- Warrior: Tactician/Colossus Smash, Enrage, Wrecking Ball, Odyn's Champion, Massacre, Dragon Scales, Scales of Earth, Revenge!
- Warlock: Compounding Horror
- Priest: Surge of Light, Blessing of T'uure, Divinity, Shadowy Insight, Twist of Fate
- Demon Hunter: Demon Soul + Soul Fragments; Metamorphosis (Artifact trait), Blade Turning, Painbringer, Siphoned Power (from using Empower Wards)
Feel free to let me know if a spell that you wish to track is missing. Since I'm not an expert on all classes, it is likely I overlooked a buff or two that'd be worth tracking!
While originally intended to display "combo points" and similar resources, this system has been expanded to show various class-specific spells and stacking buffs. Supported are:
- Paladin: Holy Power
- Rogue: Combo Points
- Shaman: Lava Burst (Elemental), Tidal Waves (Restoration), Stormbringer/Stormstrike (Enhancement)
- Druid: Thrash (Bear), Combo Points (Cat)
- Hunter: Mongoose Fury (Survival)
- Mage: Arcane Charges, Icicles (Frost)
- Death Knight: Runes
- Monk: Chi
- Demon Hunter: Demon Spikes (Vengeance)
- Warrior: Furious Slash/Taste for Blood (Fury)
- Warlock: Soul Shards
- Priest: None, for now 😐
These are not intended to be a replacement for advanced aura icons such as those provided by WeakAuras or TellMeWhen, but for when a simpler alternative is sufficient. They don't require any setting up and still allow for some customization.
The following slash commands are provided: /wisent and /wi (alias)
Valid parameters are:
- lock – Unlock/Lock all groups and show/hide their anchors
- enable – Toggle the addon's functionality (to replace the default icons)
Any functionality provided is also accessible via the addon's GUI.
While I try to monitor the comments on this page, I don't always get notified of them. Therefore, I kindly ask you to use the Issue Tracker on the Project Site when appropriate (You can use the same Curse account you use to comment here for that).
Alternatively, you can follow the addon's development on GitHub, where a list of Known Issues is available. The Project Timeline allows you to see what is currently being worked on and when you can expect any given change to be implemented.
A proper localisation system is implemented, but many locales aren't fully translated (yet). If you can help out, it will be appreciated!
You can check on the current translation progress here: Project Site
Wisent is based on the Cataclysm-era addon Bison by Grayal, which in turn was based on an addon called Buffalo by Nimbal (Buffalo… get it? Heh).
Both addons have long been abandoned, and since I maintained a somewhat-working copy for personal use, I figured I'd simply see where it goes from there. In no way do I wish to take credit for their work.
PS: Answering the most pressing question you will have last… What the hell is a "Wisent"? This is a Wisent: