|CritChain 3.0 release||4.69 MB||Aug 25, 2020||1.13.5||90||Download|
|CritChain 2.3 release||16.29 KB||Jun 4, 2020||1.13.4||78||Download|
tl;dr Your character will make fun callouts when you score many damage critical hits in a row.
"/cc" or "/critchain" to interface.
The ability to add your own custom quotes is here with v. 3.0, debuting with my first attempt at a GUI for easy management!
The quotes that come prepackaged are written from an Alliance racial perspective. Tauren druids, troll mages, etc. should write their own quotes. None exist for Shaman.
From the readme:
"When a direct damage ability crits, a crit counter is incremented by 1. When an ability does not crit, the counter is reset. Except for paladins — auto swings trigger both. Heals are not considered.
When the crit counter hits (for example) 3, 4, or 5+, a class-themed /say message is delivered. There are separate pools of unique messages per class, and they increase in intensity with each step up the crit combo chain. Priests' quotes are different for Shadow and non-Shadow priests, druids' quotes change depending on their shapeshift form, and mages' quotes are picked based on the school of the spell they crit with (30% chance to pull an Arcane quote no matter what). All messages are appended with ". . . (Yx critical chain!)".
AoE handling: The tracker counts only one crit per ability use, e.g. a frost nova critting thirteen mobs shall only increase the crit counter once, not thirteen times."
– With the help frame displayed in the quote manager, selecting a new class/spec that is populated with entries will generate them over the frame.
– Adding custom quotes does not need a reload, but removing them does. Let's make the latter also not require a reload.
– A cute little frame you can summon and drag around that will display your current crit count.
– Adaptive thresholding. Lower crit rate = lower requirements to trigger callouts. Controversial, but, would certainly make the addon relevant to sub-BWL and sub-60 players. Either I implement a system to calculate appropriate thresholds based on class+gear+talents, or… let users set their own thresholds. That is a terrifying thought. I won't discuss this idea out loud any further lest I give evildoers any ideas, but this may be more rational than it sounds.
– Remembering highest crit damages and chains, and screenshotting on record-breaking crits and chains. Ideally would capture the /say and the big damage number in that screenshot.
– I really don't want to add a minimap button or a "WELCOME TO CRITCHAIN" spam message on login… but there should be some overt way in which the user is helped to be aware of the addon's presence and how to work it.