|v0.5 release||3.77 KB||Oct 6, 2021||9.1.5||0||Download|
|v0.4 release||3.37 KB||Oct 29, 2018||8.0.1||662||Download|
|v0.3 release||3.31 KB||Oct 28, 2018||8.0.1||37||Download|
|v0.2 release||3.30 KB||Oct 28, 2018||8.0.1||32||Download|
|v0.1 release||1.04 KB||Oct 27, 2018||8.0.1||49||Download|
If you use the default blizzard player/unit frames, there is often little need for the player frame to be shown at all times (i.e. when you are not in combat, at full health, and have no target). Especially for people that move their player frame to the center of the screen, it is just unnecessary clutter in these situations.
This is an extremely minimal and lightweight addon that solves that exact problem. By default, it will show the player frame only if one of the following conditions are met (see slash command options below for details on how to change these settings):
- The player has a target
- The player is in combat (or has aggro)
- The player’s health is less than 100%
- The mouse cursor is over the player frame (this is disabled by default)
Otherwise, the player frame will be hidden, by setting its alpha transparency to 0, and disabling mouse interaction to make it “non-interactive” (this behavior change changed in the slash command settings).
The behavior of the addon can be configured using the following slash commands:
- /playerframe help – shows all available commands
- /playerframe settings – shows currently configured option values
- /playerframe interactive on|off – (default: off) setting this option to “on” causes the player frame to be hoverable/clickable when it is hidden.
- /playerframe health 0–100|off – (default: 100) setting this option to a percentage value between 0 and 100 will cause the player frame to show when the player’s current health drops below that percentage. Setting it to off disables this behavior.
- /playerframe power 0–100|off – (default: off) setting this option to a percentage value between 0 and 100 will cause the player frame to show when the player’s current power (e.g. mana) drops below that percentage. If the player’s class uses a rage-like power type (e.g. Warrior) that decreases over time, the player frame will show when their current power is ABOVE that percentage value. Setting it to off disables this behavior.
- /playerframe mouseover on|off – (default: off) setting this option to “on” causes the player frame to be shown when the mouse cursor is over it.
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/billdami/wow-player-frame-smart-hide