|Smart Pack 184.108.40.206 beta||5.84 KB||Sep 25, 2018||8.0.1||227||Download|
This was one of my favorite addons back in WotLK, so I decided to revive it. I managed to track down the current maintainer who provided the source. See the original addon here: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/smartpack
I've made the following changes:
- Fix all bugs preventing addon from working
- hook into default blizzard bag functions (no need to set a key binding, while installed this addon overrides your bags (normally bound to 'B')
- auto-open Smart Pack at bank,vendors, etc. and prevent other addons that may try to open normal bags.
In line with the original license, this addon is public domain.
Original description follows…
SmartPack gives you an alternative view of your backpacks, categorised by Blizzard's built-in scheme (i.e the list of filters you see on the left hand side of the Auction House). Each category displays as a separate "virtual" backpack, stacked as you would expect from the built-in backpacks. By default, this will not replace your current backpack: a key binding is provided which you can bind as required. This makes it possible to use SmartPack as a secondary backpack viewer, or as a replacement for the main backpack by re-binding "Open All Bags".
I've tried to keep this add-on as lightweight but functional as possible:
* Categorised "view" of backpacks: no need to replace or re-organise your existing backpacks.
* Each category can be further broken down by sub-category via a simple plus/minus button. Your preference is remembered per character. This is also animated to help you see where the surrounding categories have moved.
* Small summary window showing number of available slots and the amount of gold you have.
* All windows act as a drop-zone for trading etc. and will drop into the first empty backpack slot.
* All item buttons support the usual commands (drag/drop, sell, split stack etc.)
* Coloured-coded "glow" is added to items of green quality or better to help you spot valuable items.
* Custom key-binding so that the SmartPack does not interfere with your normal backpack (unless you want it to). * Opening the SmartPack closes normal bags.
This add-on supports customization of categories so you can better filter items like fishing pole/hat & chef's hat.
** !!! IMPORTANT !!! ** Once you install this add-on, nothing will happen!! You need to open the Key Bindings page (from the game options menu), scroll down to the SmartPack section and assign it a shortcut key. You can either re-bind the "Open All Bags" key if you want to replace the built-in backpacks or assign your own key if you just want to try it out for a bit.